Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Hold Me Hairspray

I have always stayed loyal to my L'Oreal Elnett Extra Strength hairspray for many years but when I was asked if I would like to try a Umberto Giannini hairspray, I couldn't help saying no... Simply because of the packaging :| Now for an in-depth review!













Please note, I have been using this after I have curled my hair with straighteners/curling irons.

Good thoughts:
  • Once my hair has been lightly sprayed all around, it stays put for hours on end... So it's got a very good hold!
  • Doesn't leave my roots feeling greasy.
  • I noticed when I styled my crown a certain way that it stayed put for a whole two days.. Something that L'Oreal Elnett "Extra Strength" fails at (falls after a few hours).
  • It hasn't got an offending scent to it.
  • Gorgeous bullet style packaging.. I prefer the black/silver theme though.
Bad thoughts:
  • Hairspray that you can brush out - This is something that Elnett has perfected and why I have stayed so loyal to it. When I tried to brush my UG hairspray out, I looked as if I had lots of dust and white bits in my hair.
  • Hair feels slightly stiff for a few hours- This is pretty inevitable though really.
Would I buy it myself? Yes, as it would be really good when going out, as I know my hair will stay in place for hours. On a day-to-day basis however, I will most likely use this on second day hair, when I am washing it later that night.
Would I recommend it? If you are looking for a hairspray with really good hold for curls then yes :)

You can get Umberto Giannini hair products from Boots - This 200ml hairspray costs £4.99. There is currently a 3 for £10 on their selected products, so now may be the time to try it out if you're interested :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...