Thursday, 23 September 2010

St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

I bought this scrub some time last year and used it a couple of times on the face, until I was presented with MAC's Volcanic Ash exfoliator - Now the only facial exfoliator I use! Nowadays I have just been using this in the shower and I thought I'd do a quick review, as it's nearly coming to an end.












What's in it and what does it do?
Apricot, corn kernel meal and walnut - It's an exfoliate to remove old dull skin in order to reveal smoother, softer skin. It does the job very well but I personally find it a bit too abrasive for my face... So I started to use it as a body exfoliator on my upper arms, where it's a little bit sensitive and I have slight keratosis pilaris (little red bumps). It does a great job and keeping my upper arms looking the best they can be!

How much and for how long?
I got it for £4.29 from Boots (but Boots & Superdrug usually have St Ives on some sort of offer, so watch out for that). Size wise it's a 150ml tube and a little goes a very long way!

How does it smell?
Has a slight apricot scent to it. Not powerful at all which is always good when it comes to facial products!

Other comments:
Would I buy it again? No - I am too much in love with my MAC Volcanic Ash exfoliator and I think this is slightly too abrasive for the face, in my opinion.
Would I recommend it? I would actually say "do give it a go" because there have been so many raves on this product (I personally love their apricot cleanser more)! Maybe those with ultra sensitive skin should avoid it however...

2 comments:

Cydonian said...

Awww I love this product. I haven't tried the Mac one though so I can't say I disagree with you on not repurchasing, lol.

Amina said...

Hey years ago i used to buy this inn bulk when they had offers i mean like years ago n wen i ran out i went to find theyd change the packagin so bought one incase and theyve changed the formula, this one really really sucks for usage on the face, n like u, i used it up on the body, its too abbrasive and too perfumed! in my opinion they need to stop marketing this as a face scrub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...