Tuesday, 13 July 2010

BonBon Balm Review

I have been using these BonBon lip balms for just over a month now and I have mixed but mainly positive views on them which I am now going to share with you.







What's in it and what does it do?

Well it all depends on what lip balm you're trying out but Sally, BonBon Balm's creator and plant scientist, says it's made using only natural ingredients. If you want to know more about what is in each of the products then you can click on a specific lip balm and it will list all the ingredients here. The lip balms are designed to heal and soothe the lips as any good lip balm should do - And it does that really well!

How much and how long?
The lip balms I received are 3.5g but I believe that it temporarily states that they are 3g each on their website as this was how the previous quantity was sold. I have been using these on a near daily basis and I have made a few large dents in each pot (primarily because I take too much every time I use it - oops) but it seems like it will last quite a long time! Each BonBon Balm costs £5 which I think is just acceptable.






How does it smell?

Well they currently have 8 flavours and I received the Caramel, Chocolate and Highly Original lip balm. The Caramel smells wonderfully sweet and it's my favourite! Chocolate doesn't actually smell that sweet but it's still lovely nevertheless. Highly Original is for those who prefer to keep it simple and doesn't smell of anything - Perfect for me as I sometimes have an issue with all scents!

How does it feel?
It has quite a light gritty texture on the first fifth part of the lip balm but after that its all smooth?! Weird but I can just about get over it because its a good lip balm.

Other comments:
They leave a beautiful glossy shine to the lips, a bit like a light clear lipgloss. Not sticky at all. The chocolate leaves a light natural brown sheen to the lips. All 3 lip balms last a good few hours and hydrate the lips well! Oooh and they come in beautiful frosted glass pots giving quite an 'expensive feel' to it ;)
Would I buy it again? Yes! Once I get through my many other lip balms I will haha.
Would I recommend it? Yes, especially if you are a lover of all things natural... Or simply looking for a really good lip balm! However, if you can't stand slightly gritty lips, you might not be too keen on these.

1 comment:

Fudgesmoothiesmakeup said...

The caramel one sounds yummy!

I've given you an award, you can find it here
http://fudgesmoothiesmakeup.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog-award.html

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...