Wednesday, 24 March 2010

My Skincare Routine

Let me start off by saying - What works for me, may not necessarily work for you! Now let's go over a bit about my skin;
  • I have always had a combination/oily skin type
  • My cheeks are normal and my T-Zone is oily
  • My skin is not sensitive
  • I don't use any foundation or any concealer
  • I don't get that many spots, usually just *ahem* once a month..
  • I don't constantly change my facial products
The first set of skincare products I used was the Clinique 3 Step system - Worked well but the toner was way too drying and too harsh to put anywhere near the face! I then used Dermalogica for well over a year but then decided I would like to try something new and if possible a bit more affordable - All worked very well though and I would recommend it!
After Dermalogica, I turned to LUSH as they screamed natural :) I have tried their 'Angels on Bare Skin' cleanser, which was fab but I don't like the fact it had a short expiry date. Now let's move onto what I do currently use!








  1. Johnsons & Johnsons 3 in 1 Facial Cleansing Wipes - Been using this for nearly 4 years! I use this to remove my makeup, without fail, whenever I am wearing makeup. It's gets everything off! Not very suitable for sensitive skin though.
  2. St Ives Radiance Cleanser Apricot Cream Wash - I use this every night as a cleanser and it leaves me with fresh, smooth, cleansed skin! I only use a pea-sized amount. I bought this in July '09 and it's still got loads left in it. Couldn't love it more if I had tried :D
  3. MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator - Got this is a birthday gift from a wonderful friend of mine... Possibly the best birthday present ever! This stuff seems to work for everyone and gets raving reviews everywhere I look; I can definitely see why! I use this once a week or whenever my skin needs a pick-me-up :)
  4. LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner - I did use this every night, before moisturising, during the summer months but during the Winter season I just apply it whenever I see a spot appearing. Again, it's another product love for me!
  5. LUSH Imperialis Moisturiser - Been using this every day since March '09 and it's coming to an end now :( This is the world's perfect moisturiser for me and my combination skin but oh gosh, I detest the smell of this! But it does show, if I can put up with a smell I hate because of the results.. It is sooo worth it ;) I will be looking into trying a different moisturiser once this beauty is all used up!
  6. Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel - This stuff lasts for agesss as it is used sparingly. Once I apply LUSH's Tea Tree Water toner I usually dab a bit onto any spots!
And there we have it, my skincare routine! Any questions, feel free to ask.. I think I have covered everything :)

2 comments:

Inner Belle said...

Nice post, i might go along and do one of these posts myself seen as my skincare routine totally changes all the time lol

im gong to get beauty editors skins soon arnt i :( lol

Gaby said...

I keep hearing great things about LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner. I've got to check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...