Saturday, 6 February 2010

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipsticks

The final two of the three products that Maybelline sent me to review are, the Ruby Star and Extatic Coral Colour Sensational lipsticks. I have been wearing these lipsticks for over 3+ months and I have mixed feelings about them - Mainly positive though you'll be pleased to hear! Like with my last review, I will write what I think about them in bullet points :)










(L) Ruby Star & (R) Extatic Coral. Pictures are of true representation.
Good thoughts:

  • Goes on smoothly and with ease, where a high street brand is concerned.
  • Great pigmentation
  • Feels moisturising for a high street brand
  • They have 24 other shades, not including Ruby Star and Extatic Coral
  • Maybelline have a lipstick to suit every skin tone
  • Lightly scented and doesn't affect those who are fussy with scents (me)
Bad thoughts:
  • Doesn't stay on for very long
  • Feels quite gritty at times
Swatches: With flash (L) and without flash (R)






So, would I buy it myself?
Yes, but only if it was on offer. In Boots, Colour Sensational lipsticks currently cost £6.99 which I think is a lil' bit on the pricey side considering Maybelline are a high street brand.
Would I recommend it? Yes! The pigmentation of the lipstick is fab and paired with a bit of lip balm, it is suitable for this winter weather and won't dry lips out!

1 comment:

Shifa said...

Helpful review hun! I love the coral color and will defo be getting it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...