Friday, 26 February 2010

The Body Shop Event

Today I had the opportunity to attend The Body Shop's Community Trade event, as it's Fair Trade fortnight (22nd February to 7th March)! The event was held at a gorgeous hotel - The Westbury Mayfair Hotel. The talk was mainly about the impact of buying The Body Shop's products helps the people, such as the farmers, who source the products - Every single product from The Body Shop's line contains a Fair Trade ingredient in it!









Things I learnt...

Now I know The Body Shop is a highly ethical company with great values, always supporting charities and the like.. But I honestly has no idea that TBS was this passionate about it and the differences buying their products make! Not only do you get a lovely pampering treat but you actually help a little child go from working in the sun hours a day to actually getting an education in University. The guys behind TBS actually care and monitor the progress they make (they started the programme in 23 years ago!) and it's not just 'Oh yes, we too do provide Fair Trade products' and it's actually much more than that! They work with people all over the world, so it's a proper global difference as it's not just in one country/continent. I honestly felt like I had come from a motivational seminar or something haha, the efforts of their on running campaign made me feel good for purchasing from TBS!

A big thank-you to Christina, Nick and Gaston for the talks! - I honestly felt like I had learnt a lot about the brand's values and the little differences purchasing TBS products make!









Sampling the products...
We were educated on some of the ingredients that go into some of the products and got to sniff them etc haha, which was lovely! I was really interested in the new Sweet Lemon range especially - Perfect for spring/summer! I personally can't wait to get hold of the scrub.. It smells sooo sweet and like proper fresh lemon (not that fake nonsense e.g. fairy liquid!) It launches on the 15th March :D









The food, hand treatments and the goodies...
Ahh the food was so beautifully presented, love little finger foods! It all tasted amazing - Or maybe that was because I didn't have a proper breakfast?! ;)
We also has the opportunity to get a hand massage from two lovely ladies - I opted out however as I was running out of time and couldn't stay too long :(
And as for the goodies, I would take a picture but my Father took my camera as he's away on a business trip and I asked him, as always, to take some pictures! I will take a picture once he's back but you will get the drift when the other bloggers share their experiences!
It was an amazingly organised event, everyone was polite & courteous and no one was talking during the presentations, which I really appreciated.

A picture of some of the girls at the event...








Guys, it was sooo lovely to meet you all! :D And moonbeamstarlight, lovely to see you again! :D
Thank-you to the people at TBS event and HeadstreamPR! xXx

3 comments:

Imo said...

This looked like so much fun! The Body Shop is like a British institution...great post :)

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

The lemon stuff sounds good, can't wait to have a sniff of that! xx

Neha said...

wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...