Sunday, 31 January 2010

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara Review

I know the review on the following product is quite late but this way I was able to really test the mascara and share my full experience with you.
The first of the three products that Maybelline sent me to review was the Pulse Perfection mascara. I have been using this for just over 2 months and I will just sum up what I think in bullet points :)










Good thoughts:

  • Amazing formula and brush, which is of course from the Define-A-Lash range!
  • I could visibly see that my lashes were lengthened, volumised and defined - Perfect!
  • The curl in my lashes held very well throughout the day.
  • The rubber wand doesn't hurt your eyes (I've found some are very scratchy).
  • The formula doesn't have a strong scent.
Bad thoughts:
  • The button to activate the vibrator was hard to press, making it very uncomfortable to use the mascara and hold it with ease.
  • The position in which the button was placed also made the mascara quite difficult to use.
  • I could hear the vibrations but could not actually see any vibrations.. Whether I used the vibrator or not didn't make any difference whatsoever to my lashes!
  • After about a months use, the mascara starts flaking slightly during the day.
So, would I buy it myself? No. Simply because I will be paying a few quid extra for something that doesn't work effectively. I guess it would just be better to buy a Maybelline Define-A-Lash mascara instead.
Would I recommend it? Yes and no. The formula and the brush is all great but simply because of the vibrator, I'm just not so sure!

1 comment:

Shifa said...

I love the formula too! but the button is kinda irritating :S Great review hun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...