Saturday, 24 October 2009

Major Review: The Body Shop Eyeshadows!

First up for review are The Body Shop's Eye Colours that were sent to me around June'ish (sorry for the delay)! I adore these lil' beauties and have depotted the ones I use the most & love and have the given the rest to my fellow make-up mate as they were to light for me! I only feel comfortable using the light colours as inner corner colours, as it suits me the better that way, so thought they would be better of with her - She's MAC NC25 btw :)
What I like about The Body Shop's eye colours are the high pigmentation, how silky soft they feel when applied to the eyelids (almost like a light cream - it's all powder though) and how easy they are to depot.. And they fit into MAC palette's! Out of 5, I would give these an 4 - I feel they could increase the variety of colours that they have and the packaging is a little bit cheap (a bit cute though, don't get me wrong!). I would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Price: £7.80
Size: 1.4g
The Eye Colours:










Along with the Eye Colours I was presented with the Shimmer Cubes in 18, which is a special edition. As far as I know, this is still available for you to purchase in-store and online. I have mixed feelings with this product; the really light colour, Pearly White, makes a great inner corner colour. Both Precious Pink and Green Shimmer however, seem to leave glitters/shimmers behind and not much colour when swatched/applied wet and dry. I do however enjoy using Silver Sparkle for a smokey eye look - I did a FOTD using this a while ago which you can view here. The Shimmer Cubes get a 2.5 out of 5 from me. This is just my opinion remember, a lot of people like this product but for me, there is just too much shimmer and not enough colour. Please do swatch and see for yourself though :)

Price: £15.65
Size: Each little cube is 3.5g - Plenty of product to justify the price!
The Shimmer Cube (in the lil box and taken out):







Wet and Dry swatches:












Finally, we have the Eye Trio's which we were given at the The Body Shop event in August! Getting straight to the point here (you've all probably had enough and are not even reading this lol); fantastic pigmentation, silky soft like their eye colours and make a great base to emphasise other eyeshadows! I love using the dark blue colour in the Moonlight Lustre trio to bring out the blueness of MAC's Deep Truth! Same applies for the Sundown Glow trio, been using this at least 2/3 times a week since I've received it.. I don't know if you can tell from the pic but there is a great big dip in the dark brown colour because I have been using it sooo much! Since I got this trio I also seem to be using the highlighter which comes with the trio as it is simply highly convenient :) I am going to give the eye trio's 4.5 out of 5 as I can't depot them and the colours should be evenly spread out (there's too little of the bronze colour).. Hard to please, I know :)

Price: £9.50
Size: 6g
Left, Moonlight Lustre & Right, Sundown Glow:








Hope at least a few of you have read through 'all' of this.. It took my nearly 3 hours to put this all together so a HUGE thank-you if you did! xXx

4 comments:

Rin said...

Awesome review! The colours look great.

Shifa said...

lovely colors! helpful review =)
x

xcharleym0ox said...

I have an award for you on my blog! :)

http://xcharleym0ox.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Angela said...

hey girl

thanks for the swatches. I am really interested in the trios because the colors look really pretty.

And Im a new follower and love your blog.

http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...