Sunday, 27 September 2009

LUSH Love Lettuce Face Mask Review

I have used this face mask about 5 times so I am now going to review it for you :)













What's in it and what does it do?
Almond shells for exfoliation, almond oil & seaweed gel to soften the skin and lavender essential oil for its soothing purposes - & Yup, no lettuce to be seen anywhere haha! LUSH says Love Lettuce face mask is: "an effective, exfoliating face mask which gives normal to oily skin a softened, smoothed and radiant glow" and it does exactly that! So huge well done LUSH :) Personally I think the exfoliating shells are as equally as 'abrasive' as the ones in St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub - good and bad thing, shall elaborate more on that later. It's advised that you leave the face mask on for 5/10 minutes then rinse off with warm water.

How much and how long?
It's 75g for £4.25 (I think!). How long it lasts, hmmm - This depends on the individual. I personally use the mask on my T-zone once a week and as it's a strong exfoliator too, I have a lot left in it. Having said that, I tend to pile on the product because I feel as if I will waste a lot of it if I don't! I am very disappointed it only has a shelf life of apparently 3 weeks (you have to keep it in the fridge because it's THAT fresh) but the lovely LUSH assistant told me 4... It's now 5 and it seems perfectly fine to me still. I am also disappointed by the fact it's such a strong exfoliating face mask because I can't use it as much as I would have liked to (every 2/3 days).

How does it smell?
Quite pleasant surprisingly! It's a nice 'herbal' fresh scent and for someone who is very sensitive to scents, it's a definite bonus! It really adds to the cool/refreshing feeling you get too :)

What other face masks do they have?
They have 10 face masks in total, including Love Lettuce. To check it out please click here. They have a face mask for every skin type and I have normal/oily aka combination so I was advised to use Love Lettuce. I would strongly recommend you get down to your nearest LUSH and ask one of the helpful assistants to find the right one for you :)

Other comments:
Would I buy it again? No, simply because it's a complete waste of product for me! I'm paying approx. a fiver for something that could last me ages but in fact I get a few uses out of it. Also, I expect a face mask to be refreshing and good for the skin thing etc. not something that exfoliates as well - there's St Ives and other exfoliators for that ;) LUSH shouldn't have combined 'two' products together IMO.
Would I recommend it? Putting the above factors aside, the product itself is brilliant stuff so if you don't mind that, then go for it! If you are reading this LUSH then please make smaller pots of this beauty :)
Another thing.. I found it a bit of a hassle going down to the fridge specifically for the face mask (as I apply mine at night) so that was a bit 'annoying' - Lazy, I know, haha!

2 comments:

Juicygirl said...

Hiya, Im soo glad I came across your review on this I was actually going to buy this one today but I had soo much in my basket I thought next time, Ive just did a post on what I got at Lush if you want to check it out might get some ideas, love you blog BTW & youve got a new follower yay :) Kerry xoxo

Toothfairynotes said...

nice review... I always pass the lush stores without going in, more because everything looks kinda eatable :P sounds crazy right!

*loves*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...