Wednesday, 2 September 2009

The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub Review

Have used this for 6+ weeks now so I thought I would review this for you guys :)











What's in it and what does it do?
This scrub contains coconut husk and ground coconut shells to help exfoliate the skin; it also contains coconut oil and marula oil to help restore moisture to the skin. The scrub on the whole claims to be a gentle exfoliator which leaves skin feeling soft & smooth and yet again it delivers! This scrub, as you may know, is recommended for people with normal/dry skin - I myself have dry skin but I have found it exfoliated and moisturised my skin perfectly! I could definitely tell it's even more of a gentle scrub in comparison to TBS's Cocoa Butter Body Scrub (which is for people with very dry skin).

How much and how long?
Baring in mind I bought the travel size, 50ml, I paid £4.85 for this. I forgot to take my reward card to qualify for the 10% off :( They also have the 200ml tub for £12.20. I've been using this scrub ever since I'd bought it so that was about 6+ weeks ago and I use this every other day (as recommended) as it's so gentle! I use a little bit more than a pea-sized amount and that suits me fine.
EDIT: It lasted for 4/5 months but my mother used loads too! So if it's just you, it's likely to last you about 6'ish months :)

How does it smell?
Like a super toned down version of Bounty chocolate - in my opinion :) Again, I would recommend you to get yourself down to your closest TBS store and check it out for yourselves still!

What other 'flavours' do TBS have?
Please see my other review on TBS's Cocoa Butter Body Scrub and check out the full list of 'flavours' they have here.

Overall, I would recommend people of all skin types to check this one out as it's for normal/dry skin, so I think it may be one for nearly everyone! Once I try out the other body scrubs in the range that I am interested in etc. I reckon I will be re-purchasing it again for sure :) I also think having the 50ml tub size option is a great way to find the 'perfect' one for you - it lasts really long too so it's good value for money! As always, any questions, feel free to ask!

Ps. My Mum personally doesn't like this scrub that much... because of the coconut scent, which is shocking because she loves all things with a coconut scent to it?! She does however say it's a good exfoliator but she prefers the Cocoa Butter Body Scrub as she "feels it working more".

A close up of the scrub:

3 comments:

*~mad munky~* said...

does it smell as good as the body butter? :o)

Shortiee31 said...

@madmunky - I had a sniff of their Coconut body butter but haven't tried it.. It did smell really good but if it's the same or not I can't remember?.. Will be purchasing it once I've run out of the Cocoa Butter :) x

Exfoliating-Bath-Scrubber -Taylor said...

i believe in the wonder of coconuts.great to find your blog featuring as such.just can't help having these items on my closet soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...