Tuesday, 14 April 2009

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub Review

Wow that was a mouthful lol..
Would just like to state I didn't go to the TBS Bloggers event but thought it would be the perfect time to review this product, especially seeing as I've nearly finished it! Pics at the end of the post!












What's in it and what does it do?
The Cocoa Butter scrub has ground rice & almond shells to 'polish' the skin and soya oil & cocoa butter to help restore moisture. The scrub, as expected, claims to be moisturising and is recommended for people with very dry skin. I myself have dry skin - it does an okay job of moisturising but I still need to use moisturiser after using this body scrub. I would also like to mention that this is not an abrasive scrub and is pretty gentle on the skin yet it effectively does the job well.

How much and how long?
It's 200ml per tub and I think I bought mine for about £10, now it costs £12.20. They also have a 50ml size for £4.85. I bought this scrub approx. a year ago and I've been using it 1/2 times a week ( 2/3 times a week is recommended however) ever since I got it. All you need is a pea size and a bit more of this scrub and you just rub it gently, in circular motions, onto your skin - you know how it all works, right?

How does it smell?
If any of you guys have used Cocoa Butter lotions etc. I'm sure you know the gorgeous chocolate scent it has, right? This however, in my opinion, does not smell anything like that. It's actually a toned down version of it.. I guess?! - Ahh, I can't describe it well tbh. Sorry, your going to have to go down there and test this gorgeous thing out for yourself! :)

What other 'flavours' do TBS have?
You guys are going to be SPOILT for choice! You could say I stuck with the 'safest' option as I know I like Cocoa Butter.. I was in a rush so pretty much grabbed this one as soon as I saw it! Here we go now:
  • Wild Cherry - Normal skin
  • Pink Grapefruit - Normal skin
  • Papaya - Normal skin
  • Coconut - Normal/dry skin
  • Olive - Normal/dry skin
  • Passion Fruit - Normal/dry skin
  • Moringa - Normal/dry skin
  • Brazil Nut - Dry skin
  • Mango - Very dry skin
  • Shea - Very dry skin
  • and of course, Cocoa Butter - Very dry skin
Others:
  • Strawberry body polish
  • Satsuma body polish
  • Spa Wisdom Africa Spa Salt Scrub
Overall, I would definitely recommend this scrub to everyone! Even though it may be a little on the pricey side, a little definitely goes a long way! Honestly, any questions, please feel free to ask!

Ps. I managed to convince my mother to try this scrub about a month ago (she's not keen on trying out 'unnecessary' - her opinion not mine lol - lotions & potions) , since then she hasn't stopped raving about it! She's definitely more open to trying out stuff I recommend her now - woohoo - and Mum also wants to try out the Coconut one (her favourite scent) but I told her to put that on hold until she tries out LUSH's Aqua Mirabilis body butter/scrub!
On a funny note, my father heard Mum raving about it once (I've had to put up with her more :p ) and was keen to try it out himself! Hmm let's see, any updates - if he does go ahead with it! - I'll let you know!

My work here is done :D

6 comments:

Laura said...

Great review :) x

Cupcake said...

I love this scrub, it smells so good. You've just reminded me that Im running out and need more : )

dressjunkie said...

Oh that looks amazing, I might pick up the 50ml pot. Tell your mum I'm addicted to the coconut one, I have very dry patches on my legs, and apply it liberally after a shower. It works wonders and smells of holidays :) xxx

Sarah said...

Ohh I love the Body Shop scrubs, once you go Body Shop you can't go back when it comes to their scrubs. I just stocked up yesterday on coconut scrub! The smell of cocoa butter is devine though too!

Sarah said...

P.s. Thankyou for your sweet comment on my contest look : ) : )

Miss Delirium said...

I´ve been dying to try this one out, just haven´t got to purchase it yet.. I love everything chocolate and cocoa butter...:) And it´s so good for the skin as well! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...